Friday, January 25, 2013

At Sea

The waves are getting rocky. We are hitting a rough patch of water close to Japan. We are told this is the worst it will get, with excpetion to the Cape of Good Hope near South Africa. Last night Allie (my roommate) and I were suspened out of our beds and tossed around. We are strapping our posessions down tonight so that they don't fall all over the place.

The ship lands in Japan in two days.  Our plans are to take a train to Tokyo and stay over the first night. My friend Hilary has a friend in Southern Japan so a bunch of us are going to his house to stay with him. He is a teacher and we get to visit his class and explore the city. We realized that seven of the eight of us traveling together have blonde hair and blue eyes. I don't think we will stick out in Japan too much....

I can't wait to arrive at our first foreign port!!

This was the view from Honolulu, Hawaii


No comments:

Post a Comment