Sunday, January 6, 2013

On A Lark


On A Lark -meaning: To do something on a whim or just for fun





Hello everyone. 

My name is Larkin and I am beginning my adventure abroad with "Semester at Sea."  Instead of not hearing from me for six months, I thought it would be easier to keep a blog of my travels. I have never kept a blog before and at first was opposed to the idea. But here I am. Hopefully, I will be able to provide updates with pictures and stories while in port.

I will be lucky enough to visit 16 cities in 12 countries in 106 days! We embark in San Diego then start sailing. The ports are as follows: 


Embark: San Diego, CA, United States 
Hilo, Hawaii, United States
Yokohama, Japan 
Kobe, Japan 
Shanghai, China 
Hong Kong, China 
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Singapore, Singapore
Rangoon, Burma
Cochin, India
Port Louis, Mauritius
Cape Town, South Africa
Takoradi, Ghana 
Tema (Accra), Ghana 
Casablanca, Morocco
Debark: Barcelona, Spain

I am extremely fortunate to be able to participate in this study abroad program and am so grateful. I hope everyone has a wonderful year and feel free to comment or send me email at: larkin.beecher.sp13@semesteratsea.org.


Please please keep me updated on your lives also,

Lark

2 comments:

  1. Larkin, I am so glad that you have this opportunity - it seems like an amazing experience, and one in which you will learn a ton - both onboard, and in the places you will visit.
    So many people in so many cultures and climates ... amazing.
    Please do keep us posted on your adventures.
    And I hope this blog allows you to post photos!
    Take good care.
    -Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    My name is KC Owens, I’m a college student and I love to travel! While cruising the Internet, I found your site and really enjoyed reading your posts. I have been to countries all over Europe with just my backpack and a camera. Since I am a college student and I have significant bills, it can be difficult to find ways to travel the world. However, I have done this several times, with less than ten pounds of luggage and while on a college dime!

    I was hoping that you would allow me to write a post for your site to share my tips and tricks with your readers. I put a lot of time into my traveling, it is my biggest passion and I would love to inspire others by sharing my stories, mistakes and triumphs. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Best,

    KC Owens

    ReplyDelete