Sunday, May 19, 2013

Berlin

I realized at this point that I say every place I visit is amazing...but the problem is that they all are. Each place is different and has its own way of beauty. For the last couple of days I have been flying through countries, mostly because I met up with my friends Nate, Spencer, Ethan, and Yue. They have done all of the travel planing, I am just joining up with them for a week where I get to relax and just follow them. So These cities like Budapest and Berlin are places that with out them I would have never gone. But I am so happy that I did. 


Berlin was a mix of old and new. The buildings would have old structure resembling ancient cities, then there were modern elements mixed in. The Parliament building, called the Reichstag building,is a massive stone structure with a glass dome on the top. File:Berlin reichstag west panorama 2.jpg

Just as I did in Paris with Emily, we did the Fat Tire City Bike Tour in Berlin. We biked around for four  hours and got to see most of the city and historical sites we wanted to. On the tour we stopped at Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, Hitler's Bunker  Luftwaffe Ministry, Brandenburg Gate, Victory Column, and more. Easily my favorite times in these cities is when we get to bike or walk around and take in all the sights. 

Yesterday I left my group to take a train to Vienna to meet my friend from home Courtney. She was studding in France for the Semester so we decided long ago to meet up after both our semesters abroad ended. Now I can't believe I get to see her again! I am going to the airport to pick her up, I may bring a sign and wear a drivers hat....

No comments:

Post a Comment